Thursday, August 12, 2010

Bernie Mac- My Tribute......R.I.P...Never forgotten!!

(The Original Kings of Comedy , 2000 " Ole milk and cookies.")

The moment I've been waiting for................

On October 5, 1957 the world was blessed with the presence of an extremely talented comedian, Bernie Mac. Born Bernard Jeffrey McCullough, the comedian had many accomplishments in his career as an Actor/Comedian. An excellent, by far one of the funniest in history, His performance on "HBO's Def Comedy Jam" advanced him into the spotlight. Shortly after the comedian career took an immediate turn for the better. Just to name a few.....

1994

**House Party 3 ~ "Uncle Vester"

**Above The Rim~ "Flip"

1995

** Friday ~ " Pastor Clever" ( "Excuse me Ms. Parker !?!" )

** Players Club ~ " Dollar Bill" ( "There's going to be trouble, trouble, trouble!" )

2001

** Oceans Eleven

** Charlies Angels Parts 1 and 2 (Full Throttle)

Mr. Mac was one of many talented African American comedians who had a powerful impact on his fans. Also in 2001 Fox 5 debut his sitcom "The Bernie Mac Show", which maintained top ratings. Received a few awards as well, Grammy Award (Outstanding Writing) and the Peabody Award Excellence in Broadcasting). Right before his unfortunate departure in 2008, the actor/comedian co-starred with Samuel L. Jackson in the 2008 musical comedy "Soul Men" as "Floyd Henderson".

Contrary to what fans may believe, "Soul Men" was not actually Mr.Mac's final film. His final film role was as "Jimmy Lunchbox", a flamboyant children's entertainer in the 2009 Disney film "Old Dogs", which was released a year and a half after his passing.

Bernie Mac is by far one of my idols! I remember the first time I watched Bernie Mac on television (Def Comedy Jam), had me screaming out "Kick It ! " for like a year!! :-) Within a certain circle of friends I am known as "Baby Bernie Mac" I studied that man. :-) Must admit I even cried when I heard of his passing. Major shock to myself and millions of other fans. This great entertainer will never be forgotten, will always have a spot on my entertainment center for all DVDs !! I suggest you all go out and buy your favorite Bernie Mac feature. If not it's going to be " TROUBLE , TROUBLE , TROUBLE" !

R.I.P Bernie Mac....Never, Ever will be forgotten!!

(October 5, 1957 - August 9, 2008)

MzGrammyBear xoxoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment