Tuesday, September 21, 2010

MzGrammyBear Speaks On It~~Kem - Why Would You Stay


Check it out ladies, finally I found the video for this song! I am in love with this man, Kem and his passion for music. You can hear it in his voice, he just how he brings the song alive and make you just go into a beautiful "trans" if you know what I mean! ;-)

I remember the first time I heard Kem. I was watching Madea's Family Reunion and it came to the part where Lisa Arrindell- Anderson (Vanessa) stepped onto the bus with Boris KodJoe(Frankie) and all of a sudden this beautiful, soulful melody begins to play in the background!#InstantAttraction
It was actually his song "Tonight", which you will have the chance to view and sing away in my next blog.

In any event, just to recap soul/jazz artist Kem. Kem started out as an homeless drug addict, who battled and overcame his addiction. With that being said, Kem still had to come in touch with his spirituality before he can fully devote himself to his music and make a turn for the better. As I previously stated, the first time I heard Kem's music I was watching Tyler Perry's Madea's Family Reunion, not realizing he was out and about in the industry since 2001.

Kem was signed to Motown Records in 2001, where he re-released his debut album "Kemistry" in February 2002. The album sold more than 500,000 copies and went Certified Gold! Shortly after in 2005 he released "Album II", which also went Certified Gold. Then of course he appeared on the Tyler Perry's Madea's Family Reunion Soundtrack with his single "Tonight". Now here we are today with his latest album release "Intimacy:Album III". I must admit once again, this album is the bomb.com, go out and get it immediately!!!

Until next time....for the Kem fans or if you just want to experience the loving sound of his voice and music please go to his "Tonight" video blog.

xoxoxoxo
MzGrammyBear

No comments:

Post a Comment